Friday, June 02, 2006

Elevator

On my way downstairs, a neighbor gets on the elevator with me. Instead of saying how are you or are you still in school, she says, "Are you still growing?"

Me: "Um, I don't think so, although I wouldn't mind a couple more inches."
Her: "Are you sure, you're pretty tall already. How tall are you?"
Me: "Well, about 5'10" or maybe 5'11" in shoes."
Her: "No, no, you're definitely 6'1". No doubt about it."
(The super gets on the elevator from the third floor)
Her: "Hey, how tall are you?"
Super: "About 5'11" or so."
Her: "Who's taller, you or him (gesturing to me)?"
Super (taking a cursory glance, knowing that he has to say me): "Yeah, he's definitely taller."
Me: "Well, if you guys say so I guess it's true. I better change my Driver License!"

And scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment