Wednesday, November 15, 2006

She's got guts at least

But she is pretty stupid. I'm talking about Emily Yoffe, a woman who admits as much in this train wreck of a piece for Slate.

My favorite part comes while she is doing some simple multiplication (stuff like 638 x 6). For the record, I agree with everything she assumes her husband is thinking:

He [my husband] flipped the pages and asked, "This is hard for you?"

"Yes," I replied.

"Seriously?" he said, eyes widening. When I assured him it was, I realized I was looking at the face of a man staring into the evolutionary abyss. I could see he was regretting that he had allowed his DNA to be carried into the future merged with mine.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I thought the evolutionary disaster part was pretty funny too; it's also interesting that you started the post with:"She's got guts at least, but she is pretty stupid," instead of the more sympathetic: "She is pretty stupid, but at least she's got guts."

    ReplyDelete