Sunday, July 22, 2007

Lower Feast Side

This afternoon I discovered this wonderful Sunday street festival (all summer long) and ate myself silly for free while enjoying a great neighborhood atmosphere on Broome Street (between Orchard and Allen). My favorite part was interacting with Jeffrey, from Jeffrey's on Essex (a wonderful butcher shop normally in Essex Street Market). He is a 4th generation butcher, a first-rate New Yorker, and he knows his cuts of meat, even offering up things like rattlesnake and emu at the shop. On the street I got to try out a ton of nicely marinated Hanger steak, along with a delicious lamb chop. The pizza and bruschetta from Isabella's Oven were also nice. Check this place out if you have a chance over the rest of the summer. I know that I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment