Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I know it's a meme but...

...Citi Field is amazing. I won't bore you with details, but I will dispense a few words of advice that are actually boring meme-tails:

  • Do not wait on line for the Shake Shack. It's great, but there are a ton of other excellent food options (Lobster Roll, Pulled Pork from Blue Smoke, Tacos even...) that you can get much faster.
  • Do not spend the whole game in your seats. Make sure to walk all the way around the stadium. There are fantastic vantage points everywhere.
  • Make sure you catch the ever-exciting Forklift vs. Light Tower race during one of the middle innings. Wait, what?
With a beautiful new stadium (I still think they should have kept the seats different colors, but I'll survive) and improved subway access (post-game 7 express trains), all that's missing is a team that lives up to expectations. At least they won last night. Oh, and I made my first ever Jumbotron appearance singing "Sweet Caroline" during the 8th inning sing-a-long. My nose looked pretty big.

No comments:

Post a Comment