Friday, October 14, 2005

Looks like someone needs a lesson from Tom

"The only thing I'm down on myself is I should have sold it either way," Eddings told The New York Times for a story posted on its Web site Thursday night, a day after Chicago beat the Los Angeles Angels 2-1 to pull even in the best-of-seven series.

Unlike umpire Doug Eddings, Tom is master of "selling" things. For example, there is the old joke where you say, "Yeah, well I'm just hanging out with some of the boys like Rich, Dan, Al, Noah...........AND BRENNER!" No one sells it like Tom. Just as no one sold the Supermarket Sweep scenes like Mia.

1 comment:

  1. Right, Rich. TOM sells "and Brenner." I was the one who came up with the joke and popularized it-- and you didn't even explain or sell the joke.

    ReplyDelete