Saturday, April 15, 2006

International

Back to Table of Contents

Cafe Mozart [154 W. 70th St. (at Broadway) 212-595-9797]
After taking in a movie at Lincoln Square cinemas and peeking at David Blaine at Lincoln Center, I needed a late dinner, so I walked uptown with Dan to a place that he recommended. That place was Cafe Mozart. The live piano made up for the otherwise mediocre decor and the food was very good. The menu is extremely eclectic, but Dan and I both chose pastas. I had the creative Midnight Summer Shrimp Pasta featuring black linguine and yellow tomato marinara sauce. Dan went for the Chicken Pesto Pappardelle Pasta and both were delicious. The dessert, however, a Viennese Chocolate Cake, was the best part of all. My one issue was that the pastas were a little overpriced. You can eat a good meal here, but I would recommend it most as a dessert place.

OG Restaurant [507 E. 6th St. (bet Ave. A and Ave. B) 212-477-4649]
A wonderful little find in the East Village, this tasty hideaway serves up Asian Fusion cuisine at very reasonable prices. All of the different dumpling options seemed good, but we went with the Signature Shrimp Dumplings and the Curried Beef. We were pleased. For my main dish, I enjoyed the Half Crispy Duck. The scallion crepes that came with the duck were especially creative. The Five Spice Chicken is another solid main course option. Finally, the service was extremely friendly, making the overall experience that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment