Friday, September 09, 2005

Coney Island Excursion

Alas, Astroland is closed after Labor Day (except on weekends), so there was no riding the Cyclone, Coney Island's rickety old treasure. But the arcades were still open. So after playing a little Skeeball and collecting about 20 tickets for our efforts, my friend and I decided to see what we had won. So we walked over to the prize collection area and checked out our options. Of course there were the usual hair ties and miniature playing cards for 10 tickets or less. There was even a pencil...but we wanted more. We noticed a box of small pink things and asked the gentleman behind the counter about them. At this point he became very excited and the following conversation ensued:

Gentleman: Oh these here are the fake teeth. These are great to wear to work and scare your boss. (Editor's Note: Too bad I have no job.)
Me (hesitating): Hmm, that sounds like fun....
Gentleman (taking the whole box from underneath the glass): Well, what's really great is that they come in two styles...full mouth or just a few teeth. Now I don't know about you guys, but I like to mix and match. So you see, I'll put the full mouth on the bottom, then throw in the few teeth on top and I have a great new look. Check it out:



Needless to say, he gave each of us a full set of teeth for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment