Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Future of Gaming

Here you can take look at the new Nintendo Wii controller. I am extremely excited for this system above all others. To be fair I still want to play more XBox 360, but Wii truly looks like a different experience. Screw the hardcore gamers. Video games are supposed to be fun, and Nintendo makes fun games. There's a reason that people (besides me) still play an 8-bit system. The greatest innovation of the Wii system for me at least is the idea of backwards compatibility. The concept that I could have all my favorite games for NES, SNES, N64, and even Genesis on the same system is remarkable! I will say, however, that the name "Wii" (sounds like"We") is pretty terrible. Was "Revolution" really so bad?

Meanwhile, I expect PS3 to be something of a failure (meaning that Sony is going to lose significant console market share) due to its late release and burdensome price tag. Also, the PS3 controller is just as terrible as the PS2 controller, but wireless!

Now if I can just find someone to play video games with me again...

No comments:

Post a Comment