Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sometimes you really can depend on the kindness of strangers

I know that they don't read this blog, but I still wanted to say thank you to the kind people on Coney Island who helped Jen when she was feeling sick outside Nathan's (contrary to popular belief, it was not from the hot dogs). Maybe people really are nice, as evidenced by the man who called the ambulance and the multiple people who offered her water and took her into the shade (Jen is doing fine, it turned out to be nothing major at all).

On a side note, upon arriving in the gross hospital, I was struck by the fact that the only food on offer was junk food and soda. Ironic, no? A hospital, a place that is supposed to encourage good health could only offer me disgusting junk food (of course I had a bag of Doritos and a Dr. Pepper).

No comments:

Post a Comment