Friday, July 08, 2005

A very quick check of monster.com

After a brief discussion about my mostly formless future with my mom, I decided to take a look at monster.com. I've heard on television that they often provide jobs to people in need of such things, so I thought I would give the site a try. I entered the keyword "journalism," set the location to "New York," and let the magic happen. Here is a typical job being offered under these specifications:

Managing Editor
Company: Avon Products, Inc. Location: New York, NY 10020
Status: Full Time, Employee Job Category: Publishing/Printing
Relevant Work Experience: 5+ to 7 Years Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education Level: Master's Degree


I thought this site was for college kids or something...I guess it's for people in their 20s and 30s who have been laid off?

No comments:

Post a Comment